Capture a Vision
"I've been a part of Hopkins Community Reformed Church my entire life, and this is by far the most excited I have been to be a part of HCC's plan, and by far the most confident I have ever been that we are following His plan. I'm thankful God brought Luminex Group to us. I'm thankful they had us go through the God Dreams retreat."
Hopkins Community Reformed Church
Based on the book of the same name by Will Mancini, God Dreams is an extraordinary, in depth weekend retreat in which church leaders discern and articulate a comprehensive visionary plan that features four distinct yet integrated time horizons.
The God Dreams visionary plan is designed to “snap in” to the Vision Frame that is produced through the Church Unique journey. But whereas Church Unique is focused heavily on church identity (mission, values, strategy, measures), God Dreams is focused on capturing a vision that will live, breathe, and compel the church to move deeper into God’s call and leading.
Mike Gafa from our Luminex core team (along with several others from our extended team of Luminex associates) is trained and certified by Auxano to guide churches through the God Dreams process.
In the course of a weekend retreat (typically Friday from 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM, and Saturday from 8:30 PM until 3:30 PM), we will guide your team of up to 24 people (comprised of pastors, staff members, elders, deacons, and other key influencers) to:
- Gain a clear, shared understanding of what “vision” truly is and why it is vital for your church to step fully into God’s call and leading;
- Discern and document a “Beyond the Horizon,” long-term vision (usually 7 years) that captures the Holy Spirit’s leading for your church, and compels church leaders and members to pursue the vision wholeheartedly.
- Develop four qualitative “Background” vision ideas that serve to clarify the church’s four most important strategic emphases in the next three years, in order to fulfill your beyond-the-horizon, long-term vision. Background vision is updated every three years.
- Develop a single “Midground,” one-year vision emphasis that helps the church to gain focus and traction toward its longer-term vision goals. Midground vision is updated annually.
- Establish four “Foreground” 90-day vision initiatives to complete in the coming 90 days, and that in combination propel the church deeper into its vision. Foreground vision is updated (or carried forward) every 90 days.
Are you ready to explore whether God Dreams might be the next right step for your church?