Burnout or Breakout
Systems Thinking Sessions beginning February 8 for five consecutive Mondays.
What is a system? What makes the church a system?
- Essential characteristics of a system
- Characteristics of a social system (church)
- Big Idea #1: A system is perfectly designed (structured) to get the outcomes you see.
What are the big ideas of systems thinking?
- Linear vs. systems thinking
- Tool #1: The Systems Iceberg
- Treating symptoms or solving problems?
Is systems thinking biblical
- Exodus 18: Moses and Jethro
- Jethro: first church consultant
- A system designed for burnout
How does systems thinking help me be a better church leader
- Discovering what’s really happening
- Tool #2: Behavior over time graph
- The role of mental models